Center Mid Passing Combination 1This is a great combination passing drill that will help focus on combination play and playing diagonal balls.
Center Midfield Passing Combination Drill
This is a great combination passing drill that will help focus on combination play and playing diagonal balls.
- Set up a grid approximately 20X20 yards. The size of the grid can be adjusted based on the age and skill level of the players.
- Place a midfield player inside the grid.
- The remaining players will split into even lines on the four corners of the grid.
- Player 1 plays a ball into the central player and starts his run down the sideline to the back of the line.
- The central player plays a first time ball into Player 2.
- Player 2 plays a ball into Player 3 and sprints down the sideline to the back of the line.
- Player 3 passes to the central player and makes a run down the sideline to the back of the line.
- The central player plays a first time ball into player 4 who plays a ball into Player 1 and sprints to the end of the line.
- The play continues.
- After Player 1 and Player 3 passes into the middle player, have them step in to become the middle player.
Drill Coaching Points
- Focus on passing weight, accuracy, timing, and movement.
- Players should communicate to make the movement flow.
- Players should get into a rhythm.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.