The Greeting Game
This soccer drill is specifically designed for younger players (U-6 and U-8). This drill will get the players moving, greeting each other, and a building block to introduce dribbling. Good for Camp activities for the younger players.
Kids Soccer Games - The Greeting Game
This drill is intended for younger players from U-4 to U-8, and gets the players moving, greeting each other, and a building block to dribbling.
- Build a grid that is 15X20 using cones.
- Each of the players is inside the grid with a soccer ball.
- All the players run around randomly without balls, inside the grid.
- The coach calls out various types of greetings, which each player then has to carry out with others:
- Shake hands
- Slap high fives (one hand)
- Slap high fives (both hands)
- Stand shoulder to shoulder
- Stand back to back, etc.
- Add soccer balls, and perform the same activities as above.
- Add Dribbling
Drill Coaching Points
- When dribbling, keep the ball close and don't run into other players.
- Have fun with the activities and make it exciting.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.