The Greeting Game
This soccer drill is specifically designed for younger players (U-6 and U-8). This drill will get the players moving, greeting each other, and a building block to introduce dribbling. Good for Camp activities for the younger players.
Kids Soccer Games - The Greeting Game
This drill is intended for younger players from U-4 to U-8, and gets the players moving, greeting each other, and a building block to dribbling.
- Build a grid that is 15X20 using cones.
- Each of the players is inside the grid with a soccer ball.
- All the players run around randomly without balls, inside the grid.
- The coach calls out various types of greetings, which each player then has to carry out with others:
- Shake hands
- Slap high fives (one hand)
- Slap high fives (both hands)
- Stand shoulder to shoulder
- Stand back to back, etc.
- Add soccer balls, and perform the same activities as above.
- Add Dribbling
- When dribbling, keep the ball close and don't run into other players.
- Have fun with the activities and make it exciting.