Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
Four Corners Soccer Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
- In a 40X40 yard area, create four grids that are about 5x5 yard in each corner of the larger grid.
- Split the group into two teams and put one team in an alternate color.
- While each team is in possession of the ball, this team should pass among their teammates to keep possession.
- A point is scored by passing the ball to a teammate that is inside one of the smaller corner grids.
- The teams can score in any of the corners. However, they cannot score in the same area twice in a row.
- Do not allow players to stand inside the grids waiting for a pass. Instead, instruct the players to work on the timing of the runs and timing of the pass to connect inside the grid.
- Change the scoring rule and only award a point when a give-and-go is performed with the player that is in the grid.
- Focus on the weight and accuracy of the passing
- Make sure players without the ball are supporting the player with the ball at all times
- Make sure the timing of the runs and timing of the pass are in sync.
- Make sure players change the point of attack and are not forcing passes into congested areas
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.