Soccer End Zone Game
The soccer end zone game is a great soccer drill that will help coaches focus on all aspects of attacking and defending in soccer. With incorporating end zones into the game, it gives players a chance to learn to attack space behind the defense and allows defenders to learn how to deny space behind them.
Soccer End Zone Game Attacking Soccer Drill
The soccer end zone game is a great soccer drill that will help coaches focus on all aspects of attacking and defending in soccer.
- Create a 50X30 yard grid.
- Create a 5-yard end zones on each end of the field.
- Split the team into 2 evenly matched teams
- A team scores a goal by getting the ball from one end zone (by passing or dribbling into the zone) and immediately attacking the end zone and gaining possession in the end zone on the opposite end.
- If the opposing team wins the ball before successfully gaining possession in both end zones, no point should be awarded.
- Limit the number of touches.
Drill Coaching Points
- Focus on fundamental passing, moving, support.
- Focus on basic defending and attacking skills.
- Focus on quick counter-attacks.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.