Soccer End Zone Game
The soccer end zone game is a great soccer drill that will help coaches focus on all aspects of attacking and defending in soccer. With incorporating end zones into the game, it gives players a chance to learn to attack space behind the defense and allows defenders to learn how to deny space behind them.
Soccer End Zone Game Attacking Soccer Drill
The soccer end zone game is a great soccer drill that will help coaches focus on all aspects of attacking and defending in soccer.
- Create a 50X30 yard grid.
- Create a 5-yard end zones on each end of the field.
- Split the team into 2 evenly matched teams
- A team scores a goal by getting the ball from one end zone (by passing or dribbling into the zone) and immediately attacking the end zone and gaining possession in the end zone on the opposite end.
- If the opposing team wins the ball before successfully gaining possession in both end zones, no point should be awarded.
- Limit the number of touches.
- Focus on fundamental passing, moving, support.
- Focus on basic defending and attacking skills.
- Focus on quick counter-attacks.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.