1v1 to Goal
The 1v1 Soccer Drill to Goal is a great soccer drill to improve goal scoring opportunities. This drill focuses on beating the last defender, staying in control of the ball and finishing with a good shot on goal.
1v1 Soccer Drill to Goal
The 1v1 Soccer Drill to Goal is a great soccer drill to improve your goal scoring opportunities.
- Create a 12X5 yard grid just inside the penalty area.
- Assign 1 defender to this grid.
- Assign a goalkeeper to the goal.
- Place a cone 7 or 8 yards outside the grid where the remaining players must start with a ball.
- The defender's job is to stop the attackers from getting through the grid and out the other side while being restricted to only defending within the grid.
- The attacker’s role is to beat the defender and get a shot on goal.
- The attacker must attack out the back of the cones and not out the sides of the grid.
- Rotate the defenders every 1 to 2 minutes.
- If the attacking player is stopped by the defender, the attacker quickly becomes a defender attempting to stop the next attacker in line.
- Good Control and keeping the ball close.
- Good Shot on Goal.
- Beating the defender with speed.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal