1v1 to Goal
The 1v1 Soccer Drill to Goal is a great soccer drill to improve goal scoring opportunities. This drill focuses on beating the last defender, staying in control of the ball and finishing with a good shot on goal.
1v1 Soccer Drill to Goal
The 1v1 Soccer Drill to Goal is a great soccer drill to improve your goal scoring opportunities.
- Create a 12X5 yard grid just inside the penalty area.
- Assign 1 defender to this grid.
- Assign a goalkeeper to the goal.
- Place a cone 7 or 8 yards outside the grid where the remaining players must start with a ball.
- The defender's job is to stop the attackers from getting through the grid and out the other side while being restricted to only defending within the grid.
- The attacker’s role is to beat the defender and get a shot on goal.
- The attacker must attack out the back of the cones and not out the sides of the grid.
- Rotate the defenders every 1 to 2 minutes.
- If the attacking player is stopped by the defender, the attacker quickly becomes a defender attempting to stop the next attacker in line.
Drill Coaching Points
- Good Control and keeping the ball close.
- Good Shot on Goal.
- Beating the defender with speed.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.