Passing Combination | 1-2 | Wall Pass | One-TwoThis soccer passing and combination drill focuses on passing and receiving ground balls and performing a one-two (1-2) and a wall pass around the defender.
Soccer Passing Combination and Wall Pass
This soccer passing and combination drill will focus on passing and receiving ground balls and playing a one-two wall pass around the defender.
- Stagger the cones in the shape of a parallelogram about 10 yards deep and 20 yards long.
- Have a player at each of the two inside cones that will not be a passer.
- The red players are the stationary passers.
- See the soccer drill diagram for the layout.
- The first player in line plays a one-two (1-2) combination pass with the player at the cone nearest his side.
- He then plays a one-two (1-2) combination with the player farthest from him around the 2nd middle player.
- He then returns the ball back to this player who follows the same format in the opposite direction.
- The yellow players are the only players the rotate positions with each turn.
- Switch out the red players as needed every 5 minutes or as desired.
- The soccer drill diagram displays the pattern.
- Play every pass 1-touch.
- Expand the distance between cones and play longer balls in the air.
- Focus on clean, crisp passing.
- Movement off the ball must be timed with the pass.
- The drill should flow with a continuous passing pattern.
- Focus on speeding up the combination play.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.