Clean Your Room
clean your room, defensive, dribbling, soccer drill
Published 5/30/2014 7:59:19 AM
Author: Chris Johnson
This is a great soccer drill for U5 through U8 players. The clean your room soccer drill will focus on dribbling under pressure while also working on defensive pressure as a individual or a small group.
- Create a grid that is approximately 15 X 15 yards. You should adjust the size of the grid depending on the size, skill set, and number of players.
- One player is designated as the person to clean the room.
- Every player other than the room cleaner needs a ball.
- Start by having the players dribble around in the grid.
- The coach should release the room cleaner into the grid.
- The room cleaner's job is to steal the ball from the dribbling players and kick the ball out of the grid.
- The dribblers must retrieve their balls and attempt to get back into the grid as quickly as possible.
- The room is "clean" once they have all of the balls out of the grid at one time.
- The room cleaner should kick the ball out of the grid as far as they can to give them a chance to get all of the players.
- If a player is struggling to clean their room, release a 2nd room cleaner to assist.
Drill Coaching Points:
- Instruct the room cleaner (defender) to pressure players with the ball quickly and kick the ball out of the grid as far as possible.
- Dribblers must be aware of the defender (pressure) and remain calm and protect the ball.
- Start with 2 room cleaners (defenders).
- Make the players do 10 jumping jacks before entering the grid. This will give the defender a bit more time to clear other balls out of the grid.
Titled: Clean Your Room
Tagged: clean your room, defensive, dribbling, soccer drill