Inside of the Foot Passing Warm-up
inside of the foot passing warm-up
Published 7/30/2017 7:36:28 PM
Author: Chris Johnson
This passing warm-up drill will focus on accuracy when passing with the inside of the foot.
- Create a small window with two cones approximately 4 yards apart.
- Split the team evenly into two groups.
- Each group should line up about 6 yards from the passing window.
- The play in front of one of the lines should start with the ball.
- The first player in line passes the ball through the window to the first player in the other line.
- The passing player then follows their pass to the back of the other line by sprints outside the window.
- The receiving player then takes a touch then plays the ball back through the window to the next player in the other line.
- The passing player then follows their pass to the back of the other line.
Drill Coaching Points:
- Clean first touch
- Toe up, ankle locked
- Strike the ball smoothly with the inside of the foot
- Good pace on the ball
- Focus on accuracy between the cones
Titled: Inside of the Foot Passing Warm-up
Tagged: inside of the foot passing warm-up