3v3 in the 18 - Attacking and Shooting Drill
3v3 Soccer Drills in the Penalty Box
Published 8/21/2006 7:18:15 PM
Author: Chris Johnson
This soccer drill is perfect for working on attacking in the final third of the field, quick combination play near the goal, and shooting around the 18 yard line.
- Divide the group up into 2 teams 1 red and the other yellow.
- Set up a 3v3 inside the 18 with a keeper in the goal.
- The remaining players play outside the 18 alternating colors.
- Players play a 3v3 inside the 18 and are encouraged to take any half chance at goal since they are in scoring range.
- The team in possession must play the ball through an outside player before that team is active to go to goal.
- Players must switch with the teammate outside the 18 when the player is played through those players. For example, if the yellow team has possession, they must play the ball through an outside player before shooting on goal.
- Once the yellow player plays to the yellow player outside the 18, those two players switch roles, and yellow is now free to attack the goal.
- If red wins possession, the ball must be played through a red player on the outside who also switch roles and attack the goal.
- The game must be very dynamic, and players should be changing roles constantly.
- Encourage players to take shots and use players for quick combinations.
Drill Coaching Points:
- Encourage players to take shots on half chances
- Players should connect with each other for quick 1-2's and get the shot off
Titled: 3v3 in the 18 - Attacking and Shooting Drill
Tagged: 3v3 Soccer Drills in the Penalty Box