Create a grid that is approximately 20X20 yards. Organize the team into groups of two. Each group of two players needs one ball.
One player will work while the other player rests. Roll through each of these 3 exercises.
- While inside the grid, the player without the ball should stand with their legs spread apart. On the coach’s command, the other player with the ball should dribble and play their ball through the legs of any of the players with their legs spread and run around the standing player and receive the ball on the other side. Each time the player successfully plays the ball between a set of legs that player gets a point. Have each player compare their score to their partners score.
- Next, have the player without the ball lay on their side. Now the player must dribble up to the player laying on their side, stop the ball, and flick the ball OVER the player laying on their side and jump over that players legs. To avoid injury, instruct the players to ONLY approach the player from the backside. Again have the players count each time they successfully flick the ball over the human wall and compare their scores to their partner’s score.
- Finally, instruct the players without the ball to stretch their calf muscel by crossing their legs and leaning forward touching their hands to the ground. Their position should almost be a pushup position with their hands and feet on the ground like a bridge. Now, have the players with the ball pass the ball underneath the player making the bridge (between their feet and hands), and jump over the feet part of the bridge. Again, have the players count the number of times they successfully knock the ball under the bridge and jump over their feet. Have them compare their scores to their partner
- Keep the players moving
- Head up and aware of what’s going on around them
- Keeping the ball close
- Using all parts of the foot to perform the exercises.
- Have fun!
Drill Target Ages
- U4, U-4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- U5, U-5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- U6, U-6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- U7, U-7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- U8, U-8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Fun Dribbling Warm-up
fun dribbling warm-up, dribbling warm-up game, soccer dribbling game