Trapping with the Sole of the Foot
Trapping with the sole of the foot the ball is wedged between the sole of the foot and the ground. As you trap with the sole of the foot the timing of trapping the ball should be precise. Make sure the player makes contact with the ball just as it hits the ground. If touched too early the ball will more than likely bounce away, but too late and it will bounce up into the player. Here are the coaching points to trap with the sole of the foot:
- Read the flight of the ball and position body behind the flight of the ball.
- Elbows up and away from the body for balance.
- Knees slightly bent.
- Chest over the balance foot (non-trapping foot).
- Lift trapping foot and pull toe up towards the shin.
- As the ball bounces, immediately put trapping foot over ball make contact and wedge the ball back down to the ground. The timing is most important!
- Attempt to trap the ball directly in front of your body.
Soccer Tip Title:
Bottom of Foot Traps: Coaching Points for Teaching Trapping with the Sole of the Foot
How to Trap with Sole of Foot in Soccer, Soccer Bottom of Foot Traps, Sole Traps Soccer
Published by:Chris Johnson