1v1 Attacking to a Full-Size Goal
This 1v1 attacking drill that focuses on beating the defender in a 1v1 situation and finishing on a full-size goal.
1v1 to a full-size goal
1v1 attacking drill that focuses on beating the defender in a 1v1 situation and finishing on a full-size goal.
- Set two full-size goals about 25 yards from each other with a goalkeeper in each goal.
- Split the team into two groups starting at each of the two goals.
- Both teams will need a supply of balls near.
- Designate one team as the defensive team. These players start with the ball.
- The other team is the attackers. They do not need at ball at this time.
- The defensive player plays a long ball into the first attacker and quickly closes down the attacker.
- The attacking player receives the ball and quickly takes on the defender.
- Once the defender is beat, the attacking player finishes on goal.
- If the defensive player wins the ball cleanly the play is over and on to the next attacker.
- After each attacker has had an opportunity to play the two groups switch roles.
- Each team attacks with each player, then the two groups switch roles.
- Good controlling touch
- Quality approach with the right amount of speed and control
- Make sure the attacker dribbles directly at the defender.
Have the player "fake" by stepping over the ball, having a hard step, stutter-step, dragging a foot or toe, dipping their shoulders, faking a kick, or using their eyes to look in a direction opposite of where they are going.
- Good change of direction once a fake is made to move away from the defender.
- Good change-of-pace to leave the defender once they have them off-balanced from the fake and change of direction.
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older