Planning Youth Soccer Practices
Planning Youth Soccer Practices and Training Sessions
When planning youth soccer practices make sure you plan topic specific practices according to your teams skill level and number of players.
How do I start a soccer training session plan?
- Decide what topics you want to cover for the year.
- Determine the amount of time you want to cover the topic.
- Organize a topic-specific practice session for each day.
- Ink it! Get it on paper, or print it.
- After each session, evaluate the plan.
What are some factors to consider when creating a practice session?
- Number of players
- Level of players
- Space available for practice
- Time available for training
- Topic of the training session
What should I include in the plan?
- The topic of the plan
- A description of the drill
- Drill Instructions
- Coaching points for the drill
- A drill diagram
The practice should have one of the four topics:
A coach that fails to plan, is a coach that fails to value the players. ~Chris Johnson