1v1 Speed and Reaction Game
This 1v1 Speed and Reaction Game is a fun addition to any practice that focuses on quick reaction and speed, ending with a 1v1 to small goals.
1v1 Speed and Reaction Game
1v1 Speed and Reaction Game is a fun addition to any practice that focuses on quick reaction and speed, ending with a 1v1 to small goals.
- Create a grid about 15x25 yards. Adjust the size of the grid based on the age, size, and skillset of your team.
- Set small goals on each end of the field.
- Split the team into two groups. Each group starts on the same sideline as the coach.
- The coach should have a supply of soccer balls.
- Create a gate with cones or flags in the center of the opposite sideline.
- With colored cones, or pinnies, clearly define one side as blue, and the other as yellow.
- On the coaches command players sprint around the color called, then sprint through the gate on the opposite side of the field.
- The coach tosses a ball into the center of the field where either player can attack either goal.
- Once a goal is scored, or the ball goes out of bounds, a player from each team steps up and the coach calls another color.
- Decrease the size of the field to work on closer sprints and footwork.
- Increase the size fo the field to work on longer sprints and more space on the field.
Drill Coaching Points
- Quick reaction from players.
- Sprint around and through the gate.
- Battle for the ball and score as quickly as possible.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Training Sticks - Training Sticks or Agility Poles
- Pugg Goal - Pugg Goal or Mini Soccer Goal
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.