1v1 Three Grid Attacking Drill
The 1v1 three grid attacking drill focuses on dribbling to beat multiple defenders.
1v1 Attacking Drill
1v1 Attacking Drill focuses on dribbling to beat defenders.
- Create three adjacent grids that are 10x10 yards each.
- Split the team into two groups. One group attackers, the other are defenders.
- Attackers will start at one end line about 7 yards from the grid.
- Start with a defender in each grid and the remaining defenders at the opposite end of the attackers about 7 yards from the grid.
- The coach should be on the end with the attackers with a large supply of soccer balls.
- The coach passes into the first attacker.
- The attacker attempts to dribble through grid 1, grid 2, and then grid 3.
- If the defender wins the ball in either of the grids, or the ball is played out of the area, the attacker returns to the attacker line.
- The defenders all move up one grid closer to the attacker. The defender in grid 1 returns to the defender's line.
- Have the defenders play at 50% if the attackers are struggling. After they are more comfortable, increase the defensive pressure.
- Make sure both teams attack and defend.
- Get the ball under control quickly.
- Attack with speed.
- Attack the defenders front foot.
- Attempting to attack the space behind the defender.
- Use fakes and feints to off balance the defender.
- Quick change of pace and change of direction. Speed is critical.
- Make sure the player is in control of the ball and not just kicking the ball forward.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older