1v1 50/50 to Goal Team Competition
This 1v1 soccer drill focuses on soccer fitness, scoring goals, shooting, goalkeeping, and winning 50-50 balls. This is a fun soccer drill for the younger soccer player.
1v1 Team Competition, 1 vs. 1 Soccer
This soccer drill focuses on soccer fitness, scoring soccer goals, soccer shooting, soccer goalkeeping, and winning 50-50 balls. This is a fun soccer drill for the younger soccer player.
- On a full-size goal, place a goalkeeper in the goal.
- Split the remaining players into two even teams and align them on each goal post.
- The first player in line must start with one hand on the goal post.
- Place a cone approximately 20 yards from the goal in front of each line.
- The coach should have a supply of soccer balls available.
- On the coach’s command, the first player from each team should sprint around the cone in front of their line.
- As the players approach the cone, the coach plays a 50/50 ball in the middle of each cone.
- The two players fight for possession and quickly attack the goal.
- The players battle each other for the ball, and either player can score a goal after winning possession.
- Award the team scoring the goal a point.
- The first team to 10 points wins.
Drill Coaching Points
Players should be instructed to:
- Sprint at top speed around the cone
- Battle and win the 50/50 ball
- Quickly attack the goal once possession is won.
- Continue to fight for the ball when defending.
- Have fun.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.