1v1 50/50 to Goal Team Competition
This 1v1 soccer drill focuses on soccer fitness, scoring goals, shooting, goalkeeping, and winning 50-50 balls. This is a fun soccer drill for the younger soccer player.
1v1 Team Competition, 1 vs. 1 Soccer
This soccer drill focuses on soccer fitness, scoring soccer goals, soccer shooting, soccer goalkeeping, and winning 50-50 balls. This is a fun soccer drill for the younger soccer player.
- On a full-size goal, place a goalkeeper in the goal.
- Split the remaining players into two even teams and align them on each goal post.
- The first player in line must start with one hand on the goal post.
- Place a cone approximately 20 yards from the goal in front of each line.
- The coach should have a supply of soccer balls available.
- On the coach’s command, the first player from each team should sprint around the cone in front of their line.
- As the players approach the cone, the coach plays a 50/50 ball in the middle of each cone.
- The two players fight for possession and quickly attack the goal.
- The players battle each other for the ball, and either player can score a goal after winning possession.
- Award the team scoring the goal a point.
- The first team to 10 points wins.
Players should be instructed to:
- Sprint at top speed around the cone
- Battle and win the 50/50 ball
- Quickly attack the goal once possession is won.
- Continue to fight for the ball when defending.
- Have fun.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal