2v2 with Target Players to Small Goals
This 2v2 drill focuses on penetrating passes to a target player to stretch the field and finish on goal.
2v2 with Target Players
2v2 drill focusing on penetrating passes to a target player to stretch the field and finish on goal.
- Create a 25x40 yard grid.
- Split six players into two groups of 3.
- Place a target for each team on the end line of the goal they are attacking.
- The remaining players will play 2v2.
- Players play 2v2 in the area.
- To score, players must play into their target player, and receive the ball from the target player to be unlocked to score.
- The target player can move along the goal line.
- Switch out the target players.
- Create multiple playing fields so that all players engaged.
Drill Coaching Points
- Encourage players to play forward to push the ball down the field.
- Target players must be prepared to play in one or two touches.
- Attackers must move to position themselves in a good supporting position to receive a ball from the target player and score.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Pugg Goal - Pugg Goal or Mini Soccer Goal
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.