2v2 with Target Players to Small Goals
This 2v2 drill focuses on penetrating passes to a target player to stretch the field and finish on goal.
2v2 with Target Players
2v2 drill focusing on penetrating passes to a target player to stretch the field and finish on goal.
- Create a 25x40 yard grid.
- Split six players into two groups of 3.
- Place a target for each team on the end line of the goal they are attacking.
- The remaining players will play 2v2.
- Players play 2v2 in the area.
- To score, players must play into their target player, and receive the ball from the target player to be unlocked to score.
- The target player can move along the goal line.
- Switch out the target players.
- Create multiple playing fields so that all players engaged.
- Encourage players to play forward to push the ball down the field.
- Target players must be prepared to play in one or two touches.
- Attackers must move to position themselves in a good supporting position to receive a ball from the target player and score.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Pugg Goal - Pugg Goal or Mini Soccer Goal