4v4 + Target Players with 2 Goals
The 4v4 + Target Players to 2 Goals is a great 4v4 soccer game that teaches players to play into their target player. This game adds a more realistic twist to the typical 4-on-4 soccer game.
4v4, 4 vs 4, 4 on 4, soccer
This is a great 4v4 soccer game that teaches players to play into their target player. This adds a more realistic twist to the normal 4 on 4 soccer game.
- Create a field that is suitable for 4vs.4 soccer game that is approximately 30X40 yards.
- With cones, flags, or training sticks, create two windows about 5 yards wide on the right and left side of the end line.
- Split the players into two teams of five. Set up a 4vs4 inside the grid.
- The additional player will be the target player who will start on the end line outside the cones they are attacking.
- The coach needs to have a supply of balls close for this 4v4 soccer game.
- The coach starts the 4v4 soccer game by playing into one of the teams.
- To score the attacking team target player must receive a pass through one of the two windows and maintain possession.
- Once a goal is scored, the attacking player who made the initial pass to the target player switches roles and becomes the new target player.
- The defending team takes possession of the ball, and the game continues.
- The first team to 10 goals wins.
- Add a third window in the center of the end line.
- If you want to focus on target players, you might instruct the players not to rotate and allow one player to work as a target player longer.
4 vs. 4 Offense Game:
- Vision - players should get their heads up and look up to read the game with their eyes. Player's heads should be on a constant pivot.
- Communication - make sure players are communicating both verbally and non-verbally.
- Support - make sure players are using the entire playing area (width and length) to get into good supporting angles. Create passing options that allow the receiving players the most time and space.
- Appropriate use of 1st touch
- Appropriate use of short or long passing
- Changes in the direction and speed of play
- Create goal scoring opportunities
4 vs. 4 Defensive Game:
- Good Defensive Principles - pressure, cover, balance
- Get as many people behind the ball as possible
- Good communication
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Training Sticks - Training Sticks or Agility Poles
- 4 - U4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- 5 - U5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- 6 - U6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older