5v5 Dribbling Game
This 5v5 soccer dribbling game is more of a realistic setting to help focus on improving dribbling skills. Because of a large number of players, players are forced to make decisions to dribble, pass, or shoot.
5v5 Soccer Dribbling Practice Game
5v5 soccer dribbling game is more of a realistic setting to help focus on improving dribbling skills.
- Create a grid that is 30X40 yards.
- Divide the players into two teams of 5 field players and one goalkeeper.
- Create a goal on each goal line, or use two Pugg Goals on each end line.
- Players play a 5v5 game with the restriction that the attacking player with the ball must first beat a defender before he can pass or shoot.
- This restriction will encourage attackers to dribble and take on defenders.
- Remove all of the restrictions and play a standard 5v5 game.
- Encourage players to take on defenders.
- Remind players to make a good approach, change direction and change pace.
- Players must make decisions to dribble, pass or shoot.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal