5v5 Dribbling Game
This 5v5 soccer dribbling game is more of a realistic setting to help focus on improving dribbling skills. Because of a large number of players, players are forced to make decisions to dribble, pass, or shoot.
5v5 Soccer Dribbling Practice Game
5v5 soccer dribbling game is more of a realistic setting to help focus on improving dribbling skills.
- Create a grid that is 30X40 yards.
- Divide the players into two teams of 5 field players and one goalkeeper.
- Create a goal on each goal line, or use two Pugg Goals on each end line.
- Players play a 5v5 game with the restriction that the attacking player with the ball must first beat a defender before he can pass or shoot.
- This restriction will encourage attackers to dribble and take on defenders.
- Remove all of the restrictions and play a standard 5v5 game.
Drill Coaching Points
- Encourage players to take on defenders.
- Remind players to make a good approach, change direction and change pace.
- Players must make decisions to dribble, pass or shoot.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.