6 vs 4 Team Training Numbers
This 6 vs 4 team training drill focuses on team movement, communication, and passing. This is a great session to end on after an intense passing practice.
6 vs 4 Soccer Team Training, 6v4 Soccer Training
This 6 vs 4 team training drill focuses on passing and team play. The 6v4 soccer game is great finish to a passing training session.
- Setup a grid about 40X60 yards with full-size goals at each end line.
- Split the field players into 6 vs 4. With a goalkeeper in each goal.
- Number the team of 6 from 1 to 6.
- The team of 4 does not need to be numbered.
- The team of 6 must pass in numerical order.
- The team of 4 is not restricted and does not have to pass in numerical order.
- When possession is regained by the team of 6, the numerical order begins with the player that has possession.
- Make the team of 6 complete a pass to all 6 team members before going forward to goal.
- Increase to 6 vs 5, and then 6 vs 6.
Drill Coaching Points
- Movement and communication will be crucial for the team of 6.
- The team of 4 must attack quickly to off balance the team of 6.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
- Dribbling - Soccer Dribbling Drills
- Passing - Soccer Passing Drills
- Receiving - Soccer Receiving & Turning Drills
- Crossing - Soccer Crossing/Finishing Drills
- Fitness - Soccer Fitness Drills
- Possession - Soccer Possession Drills
- Defending - Soccer Defending Drills
- Attacking - Soccer Attacking Drills
- Shooting - Soccer Shooting Drills
- Goalkeeping - Soccer Goalkeeping Drills
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.