A 7v7 scrimmage is a great way to end most of your training sessions. The 7 vs 7 allows players to focus on team tactics in realistic training situations and respond to problems presented in the full-sided game.
7 vs 7 scrimmage, 7v7 team training
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
- Create a field approximately 60 X 40 yards.
- Two full-size goals on each end-line.
- Split the teams evenly into 7 vs 7. Six field players per team and a goalkeeper in each goal.
- For younger players with fewer field players, reduce the size of the field and number of players.
- Play a small sided game with match conditions.
- All game rules apply. Throw ins, corner kicks, goal kicks, etc.
- Add minor restrictions to focus on a specific topic.
- Let the game be the teacher.
- Correct team shape.
- Speed of play.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older
- Dribbling - Soccer Dribbling Drills
- Passing - Soccer Passing Drills
- Receiving - Soccer Receiving & Turning Drills
- Crossing - Soccer Crossing/Finishing Drills
- Fitness - Soccer Fitness Drills
- Possession - Soccer Possession Drills
- Defending - Soccer Defending Drills
- Attacking - Soccer Attacking Drills
- Shooting - Soccer Shooting Drills
- Goalkeeping - Soccer Goalkeeping Drills
- FUN - FUN SOCCER DRILLS