A 7v7 scrimmage is a great way to end most of your training sessions. The 7 vs 7 allows players to focus on team tactics in realistic training situations and respond to problems presented in the full-sided game.
7 vs 7 scrimmage, 7v7 team training
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
- Create a field approximately 60 X 40 yards.
- Two full-size goals on each end-line.
- Split the teams evenly into 7 vs 7. Six field players per team and a goalkeeper in each goal.
- For younger players with fewer field players, reduce the size of the field and number of players.
- Play a small sided game with match conditions.
- All game rules apply. Throw ins, corner kicks, goal kicks, etc.
- Add minor restrictions to focus on a specific topic.
- Let the game be the teacher.
- Correct team shape.
- Speed of play.
- Disc Cones
- Soccer Balls
- Full Size Goal
- 8 Years Old and Under
- 9 Years Old and Under
- 10 Years Old and Under
- 11 Years Old and Under
- 12 Years Old and Under
- 13 Years Old and Under
- 14 Years Old and Under
- 15 Years Old and Under
- 16 Years Old and Under
- 17 +
- Dribbling - Soccer Dribbling Drills
- Passing - Soccer Passing Drills
- Receiving - Soccer Receiving & Turning Drills
- Crossing - Soccer Crossing/Finishing Drills
- Fitness - Soccer Fitness Drills
- Possession - Soccer Possession Drills
- Defending - Soccer Defending Drills
- Attacking - Soccer Attacking Drills
- Shooting - Soccer Shooting Drills
- Goalkeeping - Soccer Goalkeeping Drills
- FUN - FUN SOCCER DRILLS