Catch Me If You Can
The soccer dribbling drill is a fun and competitive exercise that focuses on dribbling with speed.
Soccer Dribbling and Footwork Skills
This soccer dribbling drill will focus on dribbling with speed as the players race to catch the other player.
- Create a 10 X 10-yard grid.
- Start a player on two diagonal corners of the grid.
- Each of the two players has a ball.
- As the coach yells, "GO," players must dribble around the outside of the grid in an attempt to catch their partner.
- As the coach yells, "STOP," the players must stop the ball.
- As the coach yells, "TURN," the players must switch the direction around the grid.
Add commands such as:
- "LEFT" to use the left foot only
- "RIGHT" to use the right foot only
- "BOTTOM" to use the bottom of the foot only
- Close Control
- Speed with the ball
- Keep the ball close
- Sharp touches