Center Mid Passing Combination 2This combination passing drill focuses on center mid play and playing diagonal balls in the direction they are facing.
Center Midfield Passing Combination Drill
This is a great combination passing drill that will help focus on center mid play and playing diagonal balls in the direction they are facing.
- Set up a grid approximately 20X35 yards. The size of the grid can be adjusted based on the age and skill level of the players.
- Place two central mid players inside the grid.
- The remaining players will split into two even lines on one end of the grid.
- Player 1 plays a ball into the first central midfielder (CM1) and starts his run down the sideline.
- CM 1 plays a first time ball into Player 2.
- Player 2 plays a ball into the 2nd center midfielder (CM2) and starts his run down the sideline towards the cone.
- CM 2 lays off a ball to Player 1.
- Player 1 plays a diagonal ball into space (near the cone) for the run of Player 2.
- Players jog around the outside of the grid back to the starting point.
- When players get to the end, using the same group and ball, reverse the same pattern and return to the starting point.
- Focus on timing. This means the weight and accuracy of the pass must be precise, the runs must be timed correctly and players should play in 1-touch.
- Players must get into the rhythm of the game and passes.