Center Mid Passing Combination 2This combination passing drill focuses on center mid play and playing diagonal balls in the direction they are facing.
Center Midfield Passing Combination Drill
This is a great combination passing drill that will help focus on center mid play and playing diagonal balls in the direction they are facing.
- Set up a grid approximately 20X35 yards. The size of the grid can be adjusted based on the age and skill level of the players.
- Place two central mid players inside the grid.
- The remaining players will split into two even lines on one end of the grid.
- Player 1 plays a ball into the first central midfielder (CM1) and starts his run down the sideline.
- CM 1 plays a first time ball into Player 2.
- Player 2 plays a ball into the 2nd center midfielder (CM2) and starts his run down the sideline towards the cone.
- CM 2 lays off a ball to Player 1.
- Player 1 plays a diagonal ball into space (near the cone) for the run of Player 2.
- Players jog around the outside of the grid back to the starting point.
- When players get to the end, using the same group and ball, reverse the same pattern and return to the starting point.
Drill Coaching Points
- Focus on timing. This means the weight and accuracy of the pass must be precise, the runs must be timed correctly and players should play in 1-touch.
- Players must get into the rhythm of the game and passes.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.