Clean Your RoomThis soccer game is a great drill for U5 through U8 players. The clean your room soccer drill will focus on dribbling under pressure while also working on defensive pressure as an individual or a small group.
clean your room, defensive, dribbling, soccer drill
The clean your room soccer defending and dribbling drill is a fun game for younger players.
- Create a grid that is approximately 15 X 15 yards. You should adjust the size of the area depending on the size, skill set, and the number of players.
- Assign one player to "clean the room." This player will act as the defender to knock everyone's ball out of the grid.
- Every player other than the room cleaner needs a ball.
- Start by having the players dribble around free in the grid.
- The coach should release the room cleaner into the grid.
- The room cleaner's job is to steal the ball from the dribbling players and kick the ball out of the grid.
- The dribblers must retrieve their balls and attempt to get back into the grid as quickly as possible.
- The room is "clean" once all of the balls are out of the grid at one time.
- The room cleaner should kick the ball out of the grid as far as they can to give them a chance to get all of the players.
- If a player is struggling to clean their room, a 2nd room cleaner can be sent to assist.
- Start with 2 room cleaners (defenders).
- Make the players do 10 jumping jacks before entering the grid. This will give the defender a bit more time to clear other balls out of the grid.
Drill Coaching Points
- Instruct the room cleaner (defender) to pressure players with the ball quickly and kick the ball out of the grid as far as possible.
- Dribblers must be aware of the defender (pressure) and remain calm and protect the ball.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.