Combination Shooting Rotation Drill
This soccer shooting and finishing drill focus on combination play and build-up before getting the shot off. It is a great shooting soccer drill to focus on burying the ball with a shot after a small combination play.
Soccer, Combination, Shooting, Rotation, Drill, Shooting Drills
This soccer shooting and finishing drill focus on combination play and build-up before getting the shot off.
- Set up two goals facing each other about 30 yards apart.
- Place a goalkeeper in each goal.
- Set three flags at the middle of this area, one on the left, center, and right sides of the field.
- On the left and right flags, place a cone 5 yards past the flags.
- Set a player at each of these cones.
- Set two players at the center flag, one player for each side of the drill.
- The remaining players should start on the opposite corners with a ball each.
- See diagram for field layout.
- Player 1 plays a ball into player 2.
- Player 2 checks to the ball and plays it back to player 1.
- Player 1 plays the ball into player 3.
- Player 3 lays off a ball to player 2.
- Player 2 has a timed run around the flag and shoots 1st time on goal.
- All players rotate forward one position (Player 1 becomes Player 2, Player 2 Becomes Player 3, Player 3 shags the ball).
- Limit all passes and touches to ONE-TOUCH.
- Good solid passes, play in 1 touch if possible.
- Players must time their movement and runs, don't get there too early or too late.
- Players prepping the touch for the shooter should simply lay the ball off for a good one-touch shot.
Good shooting body form, leaning forward through the ball and landing on the kicking foot.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Training Sticks - Training Sticks or Agility Poles
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal