Cross - Finish Under Pressure
This crossing and finishing drill is excellent for focusing on crossing and finishing under pressure. It is also a great drill to improve the player's fitness level.
Cross and Finish, Crossing Under Pressure, Finishing Under Pressure
Crossing and finishing drill focusing on crossing and finishing under pressure. It is also a great drill to improve the player's fitness level.
- This drill will require the attacking third of the field with a full-size goal and a goalkeeper.
- Split the team up evenly among each of the four cones positioned near midfield, as seen in the diagram.
- There should be a large supply of balls at the cone of player 1.
- Player 1 plays a firm ball into the corner of the field for player 3 to run onto.
- As player 3 leaves his cone, player 4 also leaves his cone to pressure player 3. Player 4 is looking to deny the cross.
- Player 2 also leaves to defend player 1 on the cross.
- Player 3 crosses the ball into player 1, who attempts to finish on goal.
- Rotate players so that they play both offense and defense on all of the spots.
- Play a firm ball to get the ball deep in the area near the end line.
- Crosser has a quick but quality prep touch and crosses from the outside.
- Runners must time their runs and anticipate the flight of the cross. You don't want the runners in too quickly and standing. If they get there too soon, have them rotate out and back into the service area.
- Sprint to close down the crosser quickly while getting to the inside position.
- Track runners and get inside position.
- Clear balls up and outside.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal