Dribbling and Passing Warm-up Drill
This dribbling and passing drill is a great start to a dribbling or passing training session and will quickly get the blood pumping and players legs warm.
soccer dribbling and passing warm-up drill
This is a dribbling and passing warm-up drill to kick off a training session.
- Create multiple 8x8 grid about 8 yards from the sideline.
- Place a starting cone on the sidelines aligned in the center of the box.
- Split the teams into 3-4 players each grid.
- The first player in line starts with the ball and dribbles to the first set of cones, cuts the ball, and returns the ball back to the next player in line.
- The working player then backpedals to the next set of cones.
- The ball is then played back to the working player who has a touch and then again returns the ball to the next player waiting.
- The next player then repeats the same steps as above.
- Repeat for 7-8 minutes or until players are warmed up.
- Alter the drill for the first dribble to the farthest cones and add a move along the way. Something such as a step-over, body feint, etc.
- To work on trapping, the long ball to the working player could be a throw-in to focus on receiving these type of balls.
- Emphasize communication, quick passes, and good touches on receiving the ball, and fluid movement.