Dribbling Warm-up Drill
This soccer dribbling exercise is an excellent dribbling warm-up drill that will get players many touches on the ball in a short time.
Dribbling Warm-up, Dribbling Drill
Soccer dribbling exercise and dribbling warm-up drill that will get players many touches on the ball in a short time.
- For this dribbling warm-up drill, the players should be in a small line with a flag or training stick about 10 yards in front of them.
- Create enough groups where players work in groups of 3-4 players.
- Each player needs a soccer ball in this dribbling warm-up drill.
The first person in each line will perform a dribbling skill to the flag, dribble around the flag and dribble back to the beginning line. When the player is 1/2 way to the flag, the next player begins. This should keep all of the players in the group moving at all times.
Perform the following skills for 3-5 minutes each:
- Foundation side-to-side while moving forward(bell touches)
- Foundation side-to-side while moving backward
- Foundation on top of the ball while moving forward
- Foundation on top of the ball while moving backward
- Roll with the bottom of the foot while facing left
- Roll with the bottom of the foot while facing right
- Outside-Inside dribble (outside right, inside right, outside left, inside left)
- Outside-Outside-Inside same as above, but touch outside twice
- Focus on close control
- Quality touches
- Control body movements
- Lift head while dribbling
- 4 - U4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- 5 - U5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- 6 - U6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older