Goalkeeper - Arc Drill 1This goalkeeper drill is designed to focus on proper footwork, stance, and movement along the goalkeeper arc.
goalkeeper, keeper, goalie, soccer, drill, goalkeeper arc, arc, training
This goalkeeper drill is designed to focus on proper footwork, stance, and movement along the glaokeeper arc.
Scatter 10 to 12 soccer balls within the penalty area with the keeper in goal.
The coach or server should move quickly from ball to ball and shoot the ball on target. Instruct the goalkeeper to shuffle along the goalkeeper's arc, which is an imaginary arc 2-6 yards from the goal, and stay positioned between the ball and the goal along the arc. After saving the shot, the keeper should reset and prepare for the next shot.
- Alternate between 2 servers alternating between each shot. This will challenge the keeper to move quickly from side to side along the arc in order to cut off the shooting angle.
- The goalkeeper should keep their body positioned between the ball and the goal
- Keeper should never get caught on the goalline - they should stay 2-6 yards from goal at all times
- Keeper should shuffle along the arc while not crossing their feet
- Goalkeeper should move quickly
- Keeper should have good hands when catching the shot.
- 9 Years Old and Under
- 10 Years Old and Under
- 11 Years Old and Under
- 12 Years Old and Under
- 13 Years Old and Under
- 14 Years Old and Under
- 15 Years Old and Under
- 16 Years Old and Under
- 17 +
- Goalkeeping - Soccer Goalkeeping Drills