Goalkeeper - Arc Drill 2
This soccer goalkeeping drill is a great keeper drill designed to focus on the goalkeeper's movement along the goalkeeper's arc to keep the proper angle in the goal.
goalkeeper arc, keeper, goalie,arc, soccer, drill, goalkeeper, training
This goalkeeper drill is a great goalkeeper drill designed to focus on the goalkeepers movement along the goalkeepers arc in order to keep proper angle in the goal.
- Place the keeper in a full-size soccer goal.
- Have 2-3 players start on one corner of the penalty area with a large supply of balls. These players will be the servers playing the ball into the goalkeeper.
- Instruct the servers to dribble across the top of the penalty area.
- As the server dribbles across the penalty area, the goalkeeper must move along the imaginary goalkeeper's arc 2-6 yards from the goal line while keeping their body positioned between the goal and the ball.
- The dribbler can shoot at any point at their discretion.
- The keeper should make the save and quickly move in place along the arc for the next shooter.
- The goalkeeper should shuffle feet quickly without crossing their feet
- The goalkeeper should keep good positioning on the arc between the ball and the goal
- The goalkeeper should keep a good distance of 2-6 yards from the goal line and never on the goal line.
- The keeper should move quickly