Goalkeeper - Down Up Drill
This goalkeeper drill focuses on helping the goalkeeper get up quickly from the ground and get set for a shot.
Soccer Goalkeeper Down Up Quickness
This goalkeeper drill is designed to help goalkeepers get up quickly from the ground and get set for a shot.
- Have the goalkeeper sits in the center of a full-size goal about 3-5 yards from the goal line.
- The coach/server should stand about 8-10 yards from the keeper with a supply of balls.
- On the coach's command, the keeper should quickly stand, set their feet, get into the ready position to catch the ball.
- The coach tosses the ball towards an area of the goal.
- The keeper catches the ball and immediately returns the ball to the coach.
- The keeper returns to the seated position.
- Repeat this for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
Drill Coaching Points
- Make sure the goalkeeper gets off the ground quickly.
- Make sure the keeper is aware of their position and location in front of the goal.
- The keeper should get set and ready themselves for the shot quickly.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.