Goalkeeper - Down Up Drill
This goalkeeper drill focuses on helping the goalkeeper get up quickly from the ground and get set for a shot.
Soccer Goalkeeper Down Up Quickness
This goalkeeper drill is designed to help goalkeepers get up quickly from the ground and get set for a shot.
- Have the goalkeeper sits in the center of a full-size goal about 3-5 yards from the goal line.
- The coach/server should stand about 8-10 yards from the keeper with a supply of balls.
- On the coach's command, the keeper should quickly stand, set their feet, get into the ready position to catch the ball.
- The coach tosses the ball towards an area of the goal.
- The keeper catches the ball and immediately returns the ball to the coach.
- The keeper returns to the seated position.
- Repeat this for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Make sure the goalkeeper gets off the ground quickly.
- Make sure the keeper is aware of their position and location in front of the goal.
- The keeper should get set and ready themselves for the shot quickly.