3v3 Plus 3This drill focuses on keeping possession. Passing, receiving, movement, and angle of support can be singled out. Causes players to look up and be aware of the surrounding players.
3v3 Plus 3
This drill focuses on keeping possession, passing, receiving, movement, and angle of support, and awareness of surrounding players.
- Start with building a 20x20 grid.
- Create 3 teams of 3.
- Each team should be a different color (one team yellow, red, and white).
- Instruct the yellow team to be defense first.
- The other two groups, red and white, are responsible for keeping possession among the 2 groups.
- If the defending team (yellow) wins the ball, the team who made a mistake becomes the defending team. For Example, if red has a bad first touch into the defender (yellow), then the red team would become defense, and the yellow and white teams keep possession from the red team.
- Any ball played out of the grid is considered a loss of possession by that group, and that group should become defense.
- For lower level players, rotate the defenders every 2-3 minutes rather than automatically switching after loss of possession.
- Adjust the size of the field to make it more or less challenging
- Restrict the number of touches per player
- Good First Touch
- Good Passes to Feet
- Proper runs/angle of support
- Facing the field
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Dribbling - Soccer Dribbling Drills
- Passing - Soccer Passing Drills
- Receiving - Soccer Receiving & Turning Drills
- Crossing - Soccer Crossing/Finishing Drills
- Fitness - Soccer Fitness Drills
- Possession - Soccer Possession Drills
- Defending - Soccer Defending Drills
- Attacking - Soccer Attacking Drills
- Warm-up - Soccer Warm-up Drills