This soccer drill is mainly focused on technical skills during warm up. This is a great drill to do at the beginning of each game.
Across-Field Warm-Up, soccer warm-up
This soccer drill focuses on technical skills during warm up. This drill is a great warm-up before a game.
- Divide the team into pairs with 1 ball for each pair.
- Player 1 stands along the touchline, while player 2 starts 3-5 yards away facing their partner.
- Players 2 will start with the ball.
- The player 2 holds the ball in their hands and jogs backward across the field while tossing the ball to their partner.
- The player 1 jogs forward and receives the ball and returns the ball to their partner.
- When the players reach the other touchline, the roles should be reversed and return to the other touchline.
- The players should work on one of the following skills each time across the field:
- Volley the ball back to the thrower with the inside of the foot - alternating right and left.
- Volley the ball back to the thrower with the instep (shoe laces) - alternating right and left.
- Trapping the ball with the thigh and returning it to the thrower.
- Trapping with the chest and returning it to the thrower.
- Heading back to the thrower – should make the receiver do jumping headers as well.
- Reverse the direction of the thrower and the receiver where the thrower jogs forward and the receiver jogs backwards.
- Good body positioning behind the ball.
- Controlled touches before playing the ball back.
- Getting a good warm-up.
- Disc Cones
- Soccer Balls
- 8 Years Old and Under
- 9 Years Old and Under
- 10 Years Old and Under
- 11 Years Old and Under
- 12 Years Old and Under
- 13 Years Old and Under
- 14 Years Old and Under
- 15 Years Old and Under
- 16 Years Old and Under
- 17 +
- Passing - Soccer Passing Drills
- Receiving - Soccer Receiving & Turning Drills
- Heading - Soccer Heading Drills
- Warm-up - Soccer Warm-up Drills