Handling Flighted BallsThis receiving soccer drill focuses on passing and receiving flighted balls during warm-up.
Handling Flighted Balls Soccer Drill
This drill focuses on passing and receiving flighted balls during warm-up.
- Create a circle with a 20-yard diameter.
- Split players into two groups.
- Group 1 should have a ball each.
- Group 1 spreads around the outside the circle, each with a ball in hand.
- Group 2 scatters about inside the circle.
- Players inside the circle check away and then move to any player with the ball.
- They settle the ball with the appropriate body part as instructed by the coach, and return the ball on the ground to the player who threw it to them.
- The inside player should then move to another player and repeat. Players should be continually moving to other players.
- Play continues for 1 minute then switch player positions.
- 1-touch passes on ground.
- Inside of foot volleys.
- Instep volleys.
- Thigh Volleys.
- Chest Volleys.
- Good first touches
- Good body position (shoulders facing the thrower)
- Good passes to feet with the right amount of pace.
- Encourage hard work.