Handling Flighted BallsThis receiving soccer drill focuses on passing and receiving flighted balls during warm-up.
Handling Flighted Balls Soccer Drill
This drill focuses on passing and receiving flighted balls during warm-up.
- Create a circle with a 20-yard diameter.
- Split players into two groups.
- Group 1 should have a ball each.
- Group 1 spreads around the outside the circle, each with a ball in hand.
- Group 2 scatters about inside the circle.
- Players inside the circle check away and then move to any player with the ball.
- They settle the ball with the appropriate body part as instructed by the coach, and return the ball on the ground to the player who threw it to them.
- The inside player should then move to another player and repeat. Players should be continually moving to other players.
- Play continues for 1 minute then switch player positions.
- 1-touch passes on ground.
- Inside of foot volleys.
- Instep volleys.
- Thigh Volleys.
- Chest Volleys.
Drill Coaching Points
- Good first touches
- Good body position (shoulders facing the thrower)
- Good passes to feet with the right amount of pace.
- Encourage hard work.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.