4v3 Attack vs. DefenseThis attacking soccer drill is a great drill to focus on finishing. Since the attackers have the numerical advantage, they should learn how to exploit their advantage and finish with a shot on goal.
4v3 Attack vs Defense
This drill focuses on attackers with a numerical advantage. Attackers must learn how to exploit their advantage and finish with a shot on goal.
- Set up a 30 X 30 grid with one side playing to goal.
- Coach assigns 3 defenders who wear an alternate jersey.
- The attackers begin with the ball.
- Place a keeper in goal.
- Instruct the players to exploit their numerical advantage and finish with a shot on goal.
- Attackers should move the ball looking for the open player and holes in the defense.
- Defenders should attempt to break-down the attack and to gain experience in how to cover a man-down situation.
- Defensive players should complete a pass to the coach to end the attack.
- The coach should then give the ball back to the attackers to build the attack again.
- Increase the number of attackers (or decrease the number of defenders) if scoring chances are infrequent.
- Increase the number of defenders (or decrease the number of attackers) if scoring chances are too frequent
- Quickly switch the point of attack to off-balance the defense.
- Play quick both physically (1 and 2 touch) and mentally (think ahead).
- Make sure the players are attacking at the appropriate times
- Contain the play and keep the ball in front of the defense.
- Early pressure and do not allow space behind the defenders.
- Disc Cones
- Soccer Balls
- Full Size Goal
- 9 Years Old and Under
- 10 Years Old and Under
- 11 Years Old and Under
- 12 Years Old and Under
- 13 Years Old and Under
- 14 Years Old and Under
- 15 Years Old and Under
- 16 Years Old and Under
- 17 +
- Dribbling - Soccer Dribbling Drills
- Passing - Soccer Passing Drills
- Receiving - Soccer Receiving & Turning Drills
- Crossing - Soccer Crossing/Finishing Drills
- Defending - Soccer Defending Drills
- Attacking - Soccer Attacking Drills
- Shooting - Soccer Shooting Drills
- Goalkeeping - Soccer Goalkeeping Drills