3v1 - Attacking the Goal
This attacking soccer drill focus on the attacking movement and composure in front of the goal. Players will become comfortable in front of the goal and will be able to recognize situational play.
3v1 Attacking the Goal, Soccer Finishing Drill
This attacking soccer drill focus on the attacking movement and composure in front of the goal.
- Designate 2-3 defenders in red to rotate 1 at a time every 2-3 attacks.
- Players create 3 lines (left, center, right) about 20-25 yards from the goal.
- Place a keeper in the goal.
- The ball should start with the center player.
- The center player starts with the ball and 1 player from each group attacks the defender (playing 3v1).
- The attackers put together quick and accurate passes to off balance the defender and keeper in an attempt to score.
- Rotate defenders after 2-3 attacks.
- Limit touches to 1 or 2 touch
- Add a 2nd defender
- Make sure passes are quick and to feet
- Find back-side players to off-balance the defenders
- Be patient, and if the attackers get in trouble, they should knock it back to the center player to swing the play in the other direction
- Play QUICK. If the play is too slow, the ball is considered dead, and the next group begins.
- Outside attackers should attempt to draw the defender and keeper into them, and slide the ball backside to the open player.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older