3v1 - Attacking the Goal
This attacking soccer drill focus on the attacking movement and composure in front of the goal. Players will become comfortable in front of the goal and will be able to recognize situational play.
3v1 Attacking the Goal, Soccer Finishing Drill
This attacking soccer drill focus on the attacking movement and composure in front of the goal.
- Designate 2-3 defenders in red to rotate 1 at a time every 2-3 attacks.
- Players create 3 lines (left, center, right) about 20-25 yards from the goal.
- Place a keeper in the goal.
- The ball should start with the center player.
- The center player starts with the ball and 1 player from each group attacks the defender (playing 3v1).
- The attackers put together quick and accurate passes to off balance the defender and keeper in an attempt to score.
- Rotate defenders after 2-3 attacks.
- Limit touches to 1 or 2 touch
- Add a 2nd defender
Drill Coaching Points
- Make sure passes are quick and to feet
- Find back-side players to off-balance the defenders
- Be patient, and if the attackers get in trouble, they should knock it back to the center player to swing the play in the other direction
- Play QUICK. If the play is too slow, the ball is considered dead, and the next group begins.
- Outside attackers should attempt to draw the defender and keeper into them, and slide the ball backside to the open player.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Full Size Goal - Full Size Goal
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.