Attacking from the BackThis soccer drill focuses on building an attack from the back starting with the keeper’s distribution. When performed on a full field this drill demands a great deal of fitness as it should be executed at top speed in a continuous fashion.
Building an Attack from the Back
This drill focuses on building an attack from the back starting with the keeper’s distribution.
- On a half field, place a goalkeeper in each of the two goals with a large supply of balls each end.
- Split the team into two groups with approximately 6 players in each line.
- These groups line up on the corner of the field diagonally opposite each other.
- Two additional players are in the center of the field.
- The goalkeepers begin the drill by simultaneously distributing the ball to the first player in each line.
- The receiving player makes an advancing run while receiving the ball from the keeper.
- Each player controls the ball from the keeper and passes to the feet of the feeder player in the center of the field.
- The center player then controls the pass, turn and dribble towards the goal and shoots outside the 18-yard line.
- The shooter then goes to the end of the line, and the passer becomes the center circle player.
- Add a defender to create a 1v1 situation with the shooter.
- Have the passer overlap the wing creating a 2v1 situation.
- Extend the size of the field to full-size which brings another element of fitness into the drill.
Drill Coaching Points
- Focus on proper passing, trapping and shooting.
- Getting out the back quick and under control. Try to counter quickly to simulate a numbers up situation
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.