Great Attacking SkillsThis drill focuses on attacking in a number’s up situation and opening up and finding the attacker in a 1v1 situation. This drill puts much emphasis on good passing, receiving and general possession.
Great Soccer Attacking Skills
This attacking soccer drill focuses on a number’s up situation and opening up and finding the attacker in a 1v1 situation.
- Create two 10 x 10 adjacent grids.
- Start with 3 attackers and 2 defenders in an alternate jersey.
- Have 2 attackers and 1 defender in one grid.
- Place 1 attacker and 1 defender in the other grid.
- The attackers in the 2v1 grid control the ball against the single defender.
- The attacker in the 1v1 grid continues to make runs to get free from the defender.
- The attacker in the 2v1 grid that passes the ball to the 1v1 attacker follows the pass into the grid and creates a new 2v1 in that grid.
- The play repeats.
- If the defenders win the ball, they should attempt to hold possession from the attackers.
- Enlarge the grids and increase the number of players.
- 3v2 and 2v2
- 4v3 and 3v3
- Focus on proper passing, receiving and possession.
- Make sure attackers are creating space to exploit when the time is right.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.