Power/Finness with a TwistThis shooting and finishing soccer drill focuses on being comfortable while striking long shots as well as close range shots, volleys, and headers.
Soccer Shooting and Finishing Soccer Game
This drill focuses on players comfort level in striking long shots as well as close range shots, volleys, and headers.
- Set up a cone 25 yards from goal.
- Players should line up behind the cone.
- A goalkeeper is in the goal.
- The coach is positioned near the goal with a large supply of balls.
- The coach plays a ball on the ground to the first player in line, so the shot takes place around the edge of the penalty area.
- After the shot, the coach follows up by tossing a ball to the same shooter. The shooter must volley or head the ball into the goal.
- If a player makes both shots, they choose another player to challenge.
- The challenged player must make both goals; otherwise, they are out.
- If the challenged player does make both shots, the original shooter is out.
- Instead of letting the younger players choose, make them challenge the next player in line.
- Good Striking Body Posture
- Stay under control on flighted balls (composure)
- Have players land on kicking foot when striking the shot
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older