Power/Finness with a TwistThis shooting and finishing soccer drill focuses on being comfortable while striking long shots as well as close range shots, volleys, and headers.
Soccer Shooting and Finishing Soccer Game
This drill focuses on players comfort level in striking long shots as well as close range shots, volleys, and headers.
- Set up a cone 25 yards from goal.
- Players should line up behind the cone.
- A goalkeeper is in the goal.
- The coach is positioned near the goal with a large supply of balls.
- The coach plays a ball on the ground to the first player in line, so the shot takes place around the edge of the penalty area.
- After the shot, the coach follows up by tossing a ball to the same shooter. The shooter must volley or head the ball into the goal.
- If a player makes both shots, they choose another player to challenge.
- The challenged player must make both goals; otherwise, they are out.
- If the challenged player does make both shots, the original shooter is out.
- Instead of letting the younger players choose, make them challenge the next player in line.
Drill Coaching Points
- Good Striking Body Posture
- Stay under control on flighted balls (composure)
- Have players land on kicking foot when striking the shot
- 7 - U7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- 8 - U8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- 9 - U9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- 10 - U10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- 11 - U11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- 12 - U12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- 13 - U13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- 14 - U14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- 15 - U15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- 16 - U16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 17 + - U17, U18, U19, U20, and Older
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.