Red Light, Green Light
This soccer dribbling drill is for U4, U6, and U8 Players. This drill will focus on dribbling with the ball close to stop quickly.
red light green light, fun youth soccer dribbling drill
This soccer dribbling drill will focus on dribbling with the ball close to stop quickly.
- Start all of the players on one sideline shoulder-to-shoulder, each with a soccer ball.
- The end-line is the opposite sideline.
- The coach should move 15-20 yards away from the closest player.
- With the coaches back to the players, yell "GREEN LIGHT," and the players try to dribble to the coach.
- The coach then yells "RED LIGHT," the players must quickly stop the ball. The coach should wait a moment and then turns to face the players.
- Any player moving must go back to the farthest person from the coach.
- Limit the players to dribble with their right foot only.
- Limit the players to dribble with their left foot only.
- Limit the players to dribble with the bottom of the foot only.
- Listen to coaches commands.
- React quickly to verbal queues.
- Dribble with speed, but keep the close.
- Make sure the players hold the ball close so they can stop quickly.