This fun youth soccer drill focuses on the U6 and U8 players dribbling skills. The added pressure allows the players to turn away from pressure while remaining in control of the ball.
Monster Turns FUN Youth Soccer Drill
This drill focuses on the U6 and U8 players dribbling skills. The added pressure allows the players to turn away from pressure and stay in control.
- Create a 20x25 yard grid. Adjust the size of the grid based on the number of players and the skill level of the players.
- Place all of the players in the box with a ball.
- The two coaches are the "Monsters" in the game.
- Have the players dribble in the grid.
- To receive a point a player must dribble at the monster, execute a turn to get away from the monster without being tagged by the monster.
- Play for 30-45 seconds and play again and have each player to attempt to beat their score.
- Use sole of foot to turn
- Use inside of foot to turn
- Use Outside of foot to turn
- Players should keep the ball close within playing distance.
- Players should accelerate to get away from the monster.