This fun youth soccer drill focuses on the U6 and U8 players dribbling skills. The added pressure allows the players to turn away from pressure while remaining in control of the ball.
Monster Turns FUN Youth Soccer Drill
This drill focuses on the U6 and U8 players dribbling skills. The added pressure allows the players to turn away from pressure and stay in control.
- Create a 20x25 yard grid. Adjust the size of the grid based on the number of players and the skill level of the players.
- Place all of the players in the box with a ball.
- The two coaches are the "Monsters" in the game.
- Have the players dribble in the grid.
- To receive a point a player must dribble at the monster, execute a turn to get away from the monster without being tagged by the monster.
- Play for 30-45 seconds and play again and have each player to attempt to beat their score.
- Use sole of foot to turn
- Use inside of foot to turn
- Use Outside of foot to turn
Drill Coaching Points
- Players should keep the ball close within playing distance.
- Players should accelerate to get away from the monster.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.