This drill is a great warm-up drill for dribbling sessions as it focuses on dribbling and ball control, keeping the head up, change of direction and change of pace.
Knock-out Dribbling Game
This a great warm-up dribbling drill that focuses on dribbling and ball control, keeping the head up, change of direction and change of pace.
- Create a 20x20 grid. The size of the grid could vary depending on the skill level and the number of players.
- Each player starts with a ball inside the grid.
- Instruct the players to protect their ball while trying to "knock-out" the other player's ball out of the grid.
- Players must stay with their ball and cannot leave the ball for extended periods of time.
- Players can only be "knocked-out" 2 times where they do 5-10 pushups and get back in the game.
- On the 3rd time, they are out.
- The last player standing in the end wins.
- Make players dribble with certain parts of their foot.
- If player dribbles out of bounds their self they are considered "knocked out".
- Instruct players to keep the ball close and touch the ball often
- Players heads should be up looking for other players and be aware of their surroundings