This soccer game is more of a fun activity. When players need a break from the normal drills, need a reward from hard work, or if you just want to let the players goof around. It focuses on listening and reaction skills.
Heading in Soccer, Head CatchGames
This soccer game is more of a fun activity that focuses on listening and reaction skills.
- Have the team form a circle around the coach, facing the coach.
- Only the coach needs a ball.
- The coach will always throw the ball towards the players head as if the player is going to head the ball.
- The coach yells "HEAD" or "CATCH" to the player he is tossing the ball to.
- The player must quickly react to the coaches command and perform the event the coach yells.
- If the coach yells "HEAD" the player must head the ball back to the player.
- If the coach yells "CATCH" the player must catch the ball and return it to the coach.
- If the player performs the wrong action, that player sits and only standing players are active.
- The last player standing wins the round.
- To really get interesting, have the players do the opposite as this adds an interesting twist to this soccer game
- Use other body party (keep it simple)
Drill Coaching Points
- Just HAVE FUN!
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.