5v2 Angle of Support Passing Drill
The purpose of this soccer passing drill is to focus on players angle of support, the weight of passes and the quality of 1st touch.
5v2 Angle of Support Passing Soccer Drill
The purpose of this soccer passing drill is to focus on players angle of support, weight of passes and quality of 1st touch.
- Create a grid approximately 12x12 or 10x10 yards depending on the skill level of the players.
- Put 2 defensive players inside the grid in one color and the remaining 5 players along the outside of the grid.
- Make sure you have a good supply of soccer balls to keep the drill flowing.
- Instruct the 2 defensive players to stay inside the grid and attempt to break up any passes from the 5 outside players.
- Outside players play keep away from the 2 inside players in an attempt to complete 10 consecutive passes.
- Limit the outside players touch to 2-touches.
The coach should focus on:
- Angle of support
- Angle of passes
- Weight of passes
- Quality of 1st touch
- Playing on toes
- Early support
- Good communication
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.