1v1 to Multiple Goals (Dribbling)
This 1v1 soccer drill is an excellent drill for focusing on teaching players attacking skills such as taking on their opponent or learning to attack space. Defensively it will teach players the responsibility of man-marking.
1v1 soccer drill, 1v1 soccer, attacking soccer, defending soccer
This 1v1 soccer drill is a great drill for focusing on teaching players attacking and defending skills.
- Create a 40X40 grid.
- Split your team into groups of two with one ball per group.
- Randomly set up small windows, about 2-3 yards, with training sticks, flags, or disc cones within the area.
- Assign a group of players per window.
- Each group begins at their window.
- Each team plays one vs. one using their goal only.
- Award a point each time dribbling across the goal line.
- Players can score from either side of their own goal.
- Players play 1 to 2-minute games and rotate players.
- Open it up where each pair can score on any of the other goals. They are still paired up with only their partner and should not interfere with any other teams.
Attacking: Head up and aware of other players, change of direction, close control, and change of pace.
Defending: Bent Knees, aware of the attacker, tracking attacker's movement and protecting the goal.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.