Instep Shooting Drill
This soccer shooting drill focuses on the instep drive. This shooting technique is an essential method of striking a ball when shooting. The instep drive hits the shot with the foot's shoelace with the toe pointed down and the ankle locked.
soccer instep drive shooting drill
This soccer shooting drill focuses on the instep drive. This shooting technique is an essential method of striking a ball when shooting.
- Create a grid that is 25x25 yards.
- Place 6 to 10 tall cones in the middle of the grid.
- Divide the team into groups of 2.
- Partners stand on opposite sides of the grid, facing each other.
- Each group of 2 needs a ball.
- Players drive the ball with their instep to their partner's side of the grid.
- Players are awarded a point by knocking over a cone.
- Any of the players on the side can return the ball by driving it with the foot's instep while attempting to knock over a cone.
- The first player to reach 5 points win the match.
- This drill can be used for younger players to work on inside of the foot passing.
- Focus on striking the ball with the shoelaces, toe pointed down, ankle locked.
- The non-kicking foot should be next to the ball and slightly behind it, and pointed towards the target.
- Players should try to land on their kicking foot to use the full transfer of body weight.
- Focus on the technique mentioned above.
- Focus on accuracy.
- 9" Tall Soccer Cones - Add 9" Tall Soccer Cones to your equipment bag as they make excellent agility and fitness cones, field border markers, or utilized in soccer training.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.