Combination Play - Improving 1-2 Combinations Part II
This soccer passing drill focuses on improving 1-2 combination play. This passing combination drill encourages good movement off the ball.
Soccer 1-2 Combination Play Soccer Drill
This soccer passing drill focuses on improving 1-2 combination play and encourages good movement off the ball.
- Create a grid that is approximately 20 X 25 yards.
- Set one player on three of the corner cones (B, C, and D).
- The remaining players create a small line on the 4th cone (A).
- The player at the beginning of the line starts with the ball.
- Start with one ball in the beginning.
- Player A playing a long ball into Player B and follows his pass.
- Player B lays the ball off back to player A and player B sprints around his cone towards player C.
- Player A plays a ball to player C who plays the ball into the run of player B and C sprints around the cone.
- Player B plays a long ball to player D, player D plays a ball into the run of player C, and the movement continues.
- Add a second ball. Start with a ball at two opposite corners of the grid (A and C).
- Change the direction of the play.
- Focus on accurate passing with good pace on the ball.
- Focus on good communication among players.
- Focus on good movement before and after the pass.
- Disc Cones
- Soccer Balls
- 9 Years Old and Under
- 10 Years Old and Under
- 11 Years Old and Under
- 12 Years Old and Under
- 13 Years Old and Under
- 14 Years Old and Under
- 15 Years Old and Under
- 16 Years Old and Under
- 17 +
- Passing - Soccer Passing Drills
- Receiving - Soccer Receiving & Turning Drills
- Fitness - Soccer Fitness Drills
- Warm-up - Soccer Warm-up Drills
- FUN - FUN SOCCER DRILLS