Combination Play; Improving 1-2 Combinations Part II
This soccer passing drill focuses on improving 1-2 combination play. This passing combination drill encourages good movement off the ball.
Soccer 1-2 Combination Play Soccer Drill
This soccer passing drill focuses on improving 1-2 combination play and encourages good movement off the ball.
- Create a grid that is approximately 20 X 25 yards.
- Set one player on three of the corner cones (B, C, and D).
- The remaining players create a small line on the 4th cone (A).
- The player at the beginning of the line starts with the ball.
- Start with one ball in the beginning.
- Player A playing a long ball into Player B and follows his pass.
- Player B lays the ball off back to player A and player B sprints around his cone towards player C.
- Player A plays a ball to player C who plays the ball into the run of player B and C sprints around the cone.
- Player B plays a long ball to player D, player D plays a ball into the run of player C, and the movement continues.
- Add a second ball. Start with a ball at two opposite corners of the grid (A and C).
- Change the direction of the play.
Drill Coaching Points
- Focus on accurate passing with good pace on the ball.
- Focus on good communication among players.
- Focus on good movement before and after the pass.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.