This dynamic game will allow you to focus on the transition from offense to defense. This soccer transitional drill is designed to be played at a quick pace.
Soccer Transitional Drill; Offence to Defense Drill
This dynamic soccer game will allow you to focus on the transition from offense to defense. Soccer Transitional Drill.
- Create a grid that is 15X20 yards.
- Set 2 small goals on either end (approximately 1 yard).
- Split the team into 2 teams (Red and Yellow).
- Each team should start at diagonal corners of the grid.
- Players defend the goal on the inline closest to them.
- Each player in line should have a ball.
- The coach will begin the transition drill by playing a ball into the field of play.
- One player from each team plays a 1v1 game to their assigned goal.
- The play is continuous until the ball goes over the end line or a goal is scored.
- The defending player is out, and the first player in the defending team's line immediately attack the goal against the same offensive player.
- The offensive player them must quickly transition into a defensive player and defend their goal.
- The play continues until one team scores five goals.
- Play 2v2 or 3v3.
- Help players identify transition situations and take advantage of those situations whether they are defending or attacking.
- The quicker the player can recognize the situations, the easier it is for them to exploit their options.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.
- Training Sticks - Training Sticks or Agility Poles
- Pugg Goal - Pugg Goal or Mini Soccer Goal