Soccer Tag Dribbling Game
Soccer Tag is an excellent soccer drill for young players ages under 5 through under 8. Soccer Tag is a fun soccer drill that allows players to gain confidence on the ball while getting a lot of touches.
Soccer Tag; Soccer Dribbling Drill
Soccer Tag is a fun soccer drill that allows players to gain confidence on the ball while getting a lot of touches.
- Create a grid that is approximately 20X20 (or larger depending on the number of players involved).
- Each player should have a ball and position them inside the grid.
- Instruct the players to tag (touch) other players within the grid.
- Once the player gets tagged, they must hold that area of the body that was touched while still dribbling while avoiding other tags and attempting to tag others.
- If players are tagged a 2nd time, they must hold both touched areas while dribbling.
- If the player is tagged a 3rd time, the player must move to the outside of the grid and perform an exercise such as 25 toe touches, four juggles, 25 foundation touches, or push-ups before rejoining the game.
- Keeping the ball close to the player.
- Head up where they can see ball and players.
- Use all parts of the foot while dribbling (inside, outside, bottom, heal, top).
- Be agile and attempt to move away from the tag.