Soccer Tag Dribbling Game
Soccer Tag is an excellent soccer drill for young players ages under 5 through under 8. Soccer Tag is a fun soccer drill that allows players to gain confidence on the ball while getting a lot of touches.
Soccer Tag; Soccer Dribbling Drill
Soccer Tag is a fun soccer drill that allows players to gain confidence on the ball while getting a lot of touches.
- Create a grid that is approximately 20X20 (or larger depending on the number of players involved).
- Each player should have a ball and position them inside the grid.
- Instruct the players to tag (touch) other players within the grid.
- Once the player gets tagged, they must hold that area of the body that was touched while still dribbling while avoiding other tags and attempting to tag others.
- If players are tagged a 2nd time, they must hold both touched areas while dribbling.
- If the player is tagged a 3rd time, the player must move to the outside of the grid and perform an exercise such as 25 toe touches, four juggles, 25 foundation touches, or push-ups before rejoining the game.
Drill Coaching Points
- Keeping the ball close to the player.
- Head up where they can see ball and players.
- Use all parts of the foot while dribbling (inside, outside, bottom, heal, top).
- Be agile and attempt to move away from the tag.
Soccer Drill Skill Focus
Top Rated Soccer Drills
It's always good to finishing a soccer training session with a 7 vs. 7 scrimmage to focus on team play.
Sharks and Minnows
The Sharks and Minnows dribbling drill focuses on using the body to protect the ball by placing their body in between the ball and the defender.
1v1 Diamond Shooting Drill
Spice up your shooting combination drill by finishing with a 1v1 to goal. Add a fun little twist, and the kids love it.
Pirates of the Pugg
This drill is an excellent drill for younger players ages 8-11 and focuses on dribbling technique in traffic which requires vision and awareness.
Alien Tag Soccer Game
Alien tag is a great Under 4 soccer game for 3, 4, 5, and 6 year-olds. Your kids will like flying around and crashing in their spaceship.
4v4 Soccer to a Small Gate
4v4 in soccer is the smallest game focusing on all aspects of a full sided soccer match.
The Flag Game - Dribbling in Tight Spaces
The flat game soccer drill is designed to focus on young soccer players learning to dribble in tight spaces.
Four Corners Passing Game
The Four Corners Soccer Passing Game is a great soccer passing drill to focus on changing the point of the attack, and timing of runs and passes.
This drill is great to focus on 1v1 play. It is flexible and can be used to work on the offensive side or the defensive side.
A FUN soccer drill for younger players (U6, U7, and U8) to introduce dribbling, looking up and correctly striking the ball at a target.