Partner Pass and Move Soccer Warm-up
This soccer passing drill will help you focus and teach a young player how to pass with the correct surface on the foot, how to receive a ball and move after receiving the pass.
Soccer Pass and Move Soccer Passing Warm-up Drill
This soccer passing drill will help you focus and teach young players how to pass, move, receive a ball, and move after receiving the pass.
- Create a 20X20 yard grid (you can change the size of the grid based on the number of players).
- Organize the players into groups of two.
- One ball per group.
- Each group of two should only pass to their partner while moving around the grid.
- Each player should be instructed to pass and receive with the inside of the foot.
- Restrict the number of touches.
- Make sure the players are using the inside of the foot for both trapping and passing
- Make sure the receiving player moves his body behind the path of the ball when receiving.
- Make sure the players move after making the pass to their partner.
- Make sure the players are putting the right amount of weight and pace on each pass.
- Disc Cones - Mini or Full-Size Disc Cones are a critical piece of equipment that every soccer coach must have in your equipment bag.
- Scrimmage Pinnies/Vests - Scrimmage vests, also called bibs or pinnies, are also another must-have in your soccer coaching equipment bag.
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls - Every player should have a soccer balls at practice to have a successful training session.